Monday, March 14, 2016

Incorprating Aspects of Film Making Into Art classes

Film-Making And Art Classes

I would have to ask my students what they are interested in when it comes to film making.  I like to find out from my students what they are personally interested in.  Costume Design has come up in the past with some of my younger students.  Film as a media has a big impact on today's society and invades every aspect of our life's. I think it's important to be able to reading and understand media today.  Media literacy is more important now than it has ever been. 

 
A basic way to start teaching filmmaking would be though stop motion.  Starting with construction paper cut outs and a free app. have students create a story with a bigger meaning or theme.  Next assignment, a stop motion with a camera and toys. This would require editing, planning, scripting, music, and more.  The last assignment I would have students make an live commercial, try to sell something.  They would have to create a product or service and sell it.  Through these processes students would learn a lot about how films are made, in-depth planning process, media literacy, and technology used to produce media.

Paper Heart Stop Motion Video


My Little Pony Transformer Stop Motion

No comments:

Post a Comment